Sunday, November 9, 2008

11/09 - Sunday

Today we had to man the registration table. The kids hung out in the room most of the morning. Sidnie and Harrison did a little homeschooling Hawaiian style.



While Renea finished as the registration table, I took the kids to the beach. The surf was up a little today, but the kids had a blast. Morgan was standing in the surf and picked up a decent size sea shell. She held it up until a bunch of legs popped out. It was a crab!!! She quickly dropped it and it ran around the beach. Several people took photos. I couldn't tell if the crab was smiling or not for the photos.

As the kids and I returned to the room, my card key would not work. So I went down to the front desk so they could fix it. But they need to see a photo ID which of course was inside my room. Doh! I went back up to the room to wait for security and all my kids were missing. Renea had shown up and her key worked.

For dinner, we ate at the opening reception for the conference. It was held outside on the hotel grounds with Hawaiian music playing in the background. The conference arranged to have perfect weather.

After dinner, our friend Martha (who is a pediatric chiropractor) came to our room to help Courtney who was really hurting after boogie boarding earlier. After a few twists and a bunch of crunching noises, Coco was MUCH better.

We ended the evening watching a little TV as the waves crashed in the darkness outside our hotel room.

No comments: