Sunday, November 11, 2007

Day 12 – Sunday 11/11/07

This morning we (Dennis, Jodie, Renea and I) went to Big Beach. It is one of the top beaches in Hawaii. To the North of Big Beach and over a hill is Little Beach. At Little Beach people sometimes don’t wear their bathing suits.

After we were at Big Beach for about an hour, Dennis got up and headed North towards Little Beach. I don’t want to know if he went over the hill.


Dennis looking towards Little Beach

After the beach, we went back to the Kea Lani and the pool. Since we are leaving tomorrow, I gave my boogie board to a family with two boys. I told them to give it to someone when they get ready to leave. My plan is that if no one breaks the cycle, next year if we come back, someone will give me my boogie board back.

At the pool I took off my expensive Maui Jim prescription sunglasses and set them right at the edge of the pool so I could dunk my head under the water. As I came up, I heard a crunch. Some guy (probably not paying attention) walked very close to the edge of the pool and stepped on my sunglasses. He says to me, “Oh, I’m really sorry. How about I buy you a beer to make up for it.” A beer! Last time I checked they don’t sell $250 beers here! How about you buy me some new sunglasses, you bozo. And get yourself a seeing-eye dog while you’re at it. Sheesh!

Everyone had a good laugh though when I put my now flattened glasses on my head. The lenses stuck out straight off my cheeks like a hat bill.

This afternoon Renea took the nap, not me.

For dinner we returned to Mama’s Fish House one last time.



We did find Coco the parrot. He was high up in a palm tree. He seemed to be saying, “Go home. Go home.” How did he know we were leaving tomorrow? And boy are we ever excited to see our kids. We can’t wait!!!


Go home! Go home!

Aloha from Maui.

No comments: