Sunday, November 11, 2007

Day 9 – Thursday 11/8/07

Today we worked the conference in the morning.


Renea working at the conference table.

Then it was time for Ken’s nap. Renea went to the pool. She woke me up after a few hours by calling the room three times. The first time I didn’t hear the ring at all. The second time I thought I was dreaming. The third ring I finally got up to answer the phone.

After I woke up, I worked on a slide show for the last day of the conference. Then it was time to go to the Ulalena show in Lahaina.

The Ulalena show is an interpretive dance telling of the history of Hawaii. The staging and production effects were very impressive. Renea and I enjoyed it.



After the show, we went to the nearby Hula Grill.



The tables are set in what amounts to a large sand box, so you can take your shoes off. But when I sat down in my chair it sank in the sand so my head was barely peeking up above the table. They had live entertainment including a hula dancer.


No one in this picture is me.

No comments: