Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Day 7 – Tuesday 11/6/07

We “make hana” at the conference from 7:00 a.m. to about noon.

We met a nice Kea Lani staff member named Peni (penny). He went and got Renea an iced latte. He, like most locals, has three jobs. He gets up at 3:00 a.m. to make the Kalua (pigs they cook in the ground for luaus) for local hotels, then comes to work at the Kea Lani. He also helps on his dad’s farm which is “up country.”

After the conference we grabbed our snack (smothies and bar mix) and headed to the beach again to boogie board. The waves were not as big, but I still got in three good rides.

As usual, we then headed to the pool. I tried to take a nap under a tree, but it was too noisy.



So I went to the room.

For dinner, we drove up to Kihei to Café O’Lei. It was great food, for a fraction of the price at the resort. It was just Barb, Dennis, Aunt Cathy, Renea and I. Our servers name was Ken. As we met, he quickly asked me if I knew the meaning of the name Ken (handsom). I said I sure do, and when you look at us isn’t it so true!

Funny thing, our security guy at the Sacramento airport was named Ken too and I went through the name meaning thing with him too. It’s a burden us Ken’s have to bear.

No comments: